Bike grease is tough to get out of clothes. You can clean off your chain in the sink, but then where do you put your dirty jeans? How do you get that oil off without having a big mess in your house? Can you wash it in the washing machine at all?
There are a lot of products on the market designed to remove grease from clothing. One such product is Carbona® Ingrezt™ Oil Stain Remover which can be found at most grocery stores. Another product you can use is Goo Gone Bike Grease Remover Spray. You can also use WD-40. To do so, spray the garment with WD-40 and wipe it off with a paper towel or paintbrush. Repeat this process one or two more times. Remember to always test the fabric for colorfastness before using these products on your clothing.
The best method of removing grease from clothing is to rub a dry absorbent material over it such as talcum powder, baking soda, flour, or cornstarch.
Grease is a daunting stain to remove from clothes, but fortunately, it can be done. I have some tips that might interest you!
How to get bike chain grease out of clothes? 25 Easy Steps:
You can try these methods for removing grease from clothing.
- Use dry cleaning solvent.
- Apply household oil, mineral spirits, or kerosene to a clean white cloth or to the stain itself.
- Dissolve some dishwasher detergent in hot water, then sponge it over the grease spot several times until all of the greases are lifted from the fabric.
- Place a drop of ammonia on a clean white cloth and dab it onto the grease spot. Allow this to sit for a few minutes and then rinse the spot with water.
- Turn the garment inside out and apply a laundry pretreatment product to the grease spot. Allow this to sit for several minutes, then wash as usual.
- Apply liquid dishwashing soap directly to the grease spot and rub it in gently. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Sponge over the grease spot with a solution of 1/2 cup automatic dishwashing detergent and 1 cup warm water. Allow the garment to air dry in a well-ventilated area.
- Spray liquid laundry detergent directly onto the grease stain, let it soak into the fabric for 20 minutes then wash as usual.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent and 2 cups warm water in a bowl, sponge this onto the grease spot, and allow to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing with water.
- Fill your sink with hot water and add a few drops of regular laundry detergent; place the garment in the soapy water and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Soak the garment in a solution of 1/2 cup automatic dishwashing detergent, 1/4 cup household ammonia, and 2 cups warm water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Sponge on pure rubbing alcohol over the grease spot. If this doesn’t remove the grease, sponge on a household cleaner that contains an enzyme presoak or petroleum distillate.
- Sponge on distilled white vinegar to the fabric, then rinse with water. The acetic acid in this harsh vinegar will help cut through greasy dirt and oil.
- Apply dry cleaning fluid directly to the grease spot, then sponge it with water.
- Mix equal parts of cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide on a clean white cloth or paper towel, dab this onto the grease spot, and allow to sit for several minutes before rinsing with water.
- Place an ice cube on top of the stain as soon as you notice it; this will freeze the grease from soaking into the material.
- Rub solid laundry detergent onto a grease spot, rinse with warm water and let it air dry.
- Dampen a cotton swab with ammonia and rub the grease stain gently 5 or 6 times, then rinse carefully with cold water to avoid color loss.
- Sponge the spot with a bleach that does not contain chlorine. This type of agent is normally found in oxygen-type bleaches and it’s used to break down the greasy dirt, oil, or grease into smaller particles that can be washed away more easily.
- Sponge lemon juice over the oil stain, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse with water.
- Put a few drops of cooking oil on the spot, rub gently with pantyhose, and allow it to air dry. Repeat this several times until the oil has been absorbed by the pantyhose
- Mix 1/4 cup of liquid dishwashing detergent and 1 quart of warm water in a bowl. Soak the stained area in this solution for one hour, then launder as usual
- Sponge 1/2 cup household ammonia and 2 tablespoons liquid dishwashing detergent over the stain. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Spray glass cleaner onto the fabric, let it soak in for 30 seconds, then rinse with water.
- Make a paste of 5 parts baking soda and 1 part water, apply this to the grease spot, let it sit for 60 minutes before vacuuming.
How to get bike grease out of jeans?
Well, if you’re trying to get bike grease out of your jeans, I have some tips for you.
First, don’t put it in the dryer or any other type of heat machine. This will bake the bike grease into the fabric and make it much harder to remove.
Instead, soak a rag with lighter fluid and rub it all over the greasy area until it is soaked. Now, cover the grease with some baking soda until it’s all white and foamy. Let this sit for a half-hour or so before you wash as usual.
If grease gets on some lighter-colored fabrics, like white jeans, there is no need to use lighter fluid to get rid of it. Just put Dawn Dish Soap (original blue colored kind) on as much bike grease as you can and let it sit for a bit. Then wash the jeans as usual with a fabric softener.
A final tip is to always wear gloves when doing stuff like this because if your hands touch something greasy, then all that grease transfers right over to where you’re trying not to get it.
You may also like: How to Tighten a Bike Chain?
How to get bike chain grease out of clothes?
Here are some tips on how to get bike chain grease out of clothes.
First, I would recommend not using any kind of dryer machines like a washer or dryer because it will only cook the grease into the fabric. Instead, just put some Oil Eater Original Full strength on the grease and let it soak in for about ten minutes before throwing it into a washing machine.
If that doesn’t work, then I recommend taking blood thinners like Tylenol or Advil and putting it on top of the grease spot because those make your blood thinner and help to break down fat instead of doing the opposite.
How to Remove Grease Stains Using Dishwashing Liquid?
Grease stains are very difficult to clean. If you know how to remove grease stains using dishwashing liquid, then it will be easier for you. Here are some ways to remove grease stains Using Dishwashing Liquid.
Dishwashing liquid is very useful for removing grease stains from clothes because it has enzymes that break down dirt particles in dishes. So, put one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid on the greasy part of the cloth and rub it with your finger. Now, add water to the spot and dab it off with a clean cloth. This process will make the grease stains fade away from the clothes.
You can use soap flakes that have high oil cleansing power. Soak the grease spots with soap flakes for an hour. Now, wash the clothes with water and you will notice that the grease stain has faded away.
If you have done this process before then it will be easy for you to remove grease stains using dishwashing liquid. You can use petroleum jelly like Vaseline on the greasy spot of cloth which is caused by cooking oil or car oil. After this, you can apply dishwashing liquid on the spot and rub it with your fingers. Later, rinse it with water which will make the grease stains fade away.
If you want to remove grease stains using dishwashing liquid then put some of this liquid into a spray bottle. Spray this solution on the greasy part and let it stay for a few minutes. Later, mix the detergent powder into hot water and wash the cloth as usual. This process will remove grease stains from clothes easily and quickly.
How to Remove Grease Stains Using Baking Soda?
Baking soda is very useful for removing grease stains from clothes.
If you want to remove grease stains using baking soda then You can use a thick paste of baking soda and water on the greasy spots of clothes. Mix two tablespoons of this powder with dishwashing liquid into hot water. After this, soak the clothes in the mixture for 20 minutes to remove them easily. If there are some leftover stains then scrub these spots with your fingers. This process will make your cloth clean and shiny like a new one because baking soda is a natural cleanser that can remove dirt from clothes. Next, wash the cloth with water and you will notice that grease stains have faded away.
What Natural Ways can I Use to Remove Grease Stains?
If you want to know how to remove grease stains from clothes then you have to read about various ways suggested by experts. You can use soapy water, dishwashing liquid, petroleum jelly, Vegetable Oil-based Soap, Lemon and Vinegar, Borax, and baking soda to remove these stains quickly and easily. These products will make your cloth clean without damaging its fabric or color.
Lemon and Vinegar:
To remove grease stains from clothes, lemon and vinegar are very useful. Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with a cup of vinegar in a bowl. Put this mixture into boiling water and mix well. After this, soak your cloth in it for 20 minutes before washing it in a machine with detergent powder. This process is very effective because lemon will remove dirt from clothes whereas vinegar will disinfect these items.
Vegetable Oil-based Soap:
Vegetable oil-based soap is very useful for removing grease stains from clothes. It is better to use it on the greasy part of the cloth before putting this item in a washing machine because it will easily remove dirt and grease. Soap will not damage your cloth as chemical products do.
Borax is another effective product that can be used to remove these stains. This powder will make your clothes clean and greaseless. Put your cloth into the washing machine and then add Borax to this machine to clean it.
Tip: Borax can be extremely lethal when ingested. Be sure to keep it out of the reach of children.
If you want to know how to remove grease stains using laundry detergent then mix this powder with water and make a thick paste. Put this mixture on the greasy part of the cloth and scrub it gently to remove stains.
If you want to remove grease from clothes using dishwashing liquid then mix two tablespoons of it into hot water. After this, soak your cloth in the hot water for 20 minutes and then rub the wet cloth against itself. Wash this cloth in a washing machine with detergent powder.
How to get bike grease out of clothes – FAQs
Final Words – Wrapping It Up:
If you wanna know How to get bike grease out of clothes? So, these are some easy and effective methods by which you can easily remove grease stains from clothes. The above-mentioned products do not damage the color and texture of your cloth as chemical products do. If you use any of them as instructed then it will be beneficial for you and save your time and money. So, if you want to know how to remove grease stains from clothes then use these methods and make your cloth spotless.