In today’s world, many people find themselves looking for ways to commute via inexpensive means of transportation because gas/fuel prices are constantly on the rise and traffic is a nightmare in most major cities. This has led to a boom in popularity for all types of bicycles including “Electric Bikes under $500”. However, electric bikes run only on batteries, thus posing no harmful environmental impact which is a significant difference between them and Petrol bikes.
Electric bikes are more expensive than regular bikes, but they can be worth it if you need an extra boost on hills or have trouble riding long distances. We’ve compiled reviews and rankings from across the internet so that you can find the best electric bike under $500 without having to waste time looking around yourself!
What are the best electric bikes under $500? And how do you know which one is right for you? These questions can be answered by reading this article. In it, we have covered the Top 10 best electric bikes that offer great value and have been reviewed to be high quality. We’ll also discuss what features make an electric bike worth your money.
Best Electric Bike under $500- Comparison Chart
|ANCHEER Folding 16” Electric Bike||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|ANCHEER Folding Electric Bicycle E-Bike 350W||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|Vivi 26″ Folding 350W Electric Mountain Bike||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|Shaofu Folding Electric Bike||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|Goplus 20” Electric Folding Bike||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|ANCHEER Electric Bike 250W/500W Ebike 26”||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|Hiboy P10 Folding Electric Bike for Adults||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|Jetson Electric Bike Bolt Folding Electric Bike||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
|Swagtron Swagcycle EB-5||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Price|
As an iconic brand of bikes with more than 50 years in the industry, ANCHEER has become a household name. Some of the best and finest bikes made in this area are renowned for their reliability, strength, and sportiness. An example of such a foldable electric bike is the ANCHEER FOLDING Electric Bicycle.
A fold-up 16” electric city bike is perfect for those with an insatiable desire to ride in all kinds of conditions, especially in the rain.
The following specification of this electric bike will fascinate you to read further about it:
- Quality and Design- E-bikes made to look like bicycles have aluminum alloy frames and a dolphin design. The lightweight body makes it easy to carry with only one hand.
- Battery- It features a 36V 6Ah Lithium battery and a 350 Watt motor. It takes less than 3 hours for the cell to fully charge. This vehicle can reach speeds of up to 25 kilometers per hour. Ultimately, the electric motor, battery, and charger all come with a one-year warranty.
- App supporting system- You can connect your smart device to the bike via Bluetooth. A handlebar display allows you to monitor speed, battery life, mileage, duration of riding, and even self-test. Additionally, you can also lock your bike with your smartphone.
- Brakes- This folding electric bike comes with a dual disc brake system.
- Wheels- It has 16 inches (40.6 cm) wheels. Moreover, a good wheel can absorb some of the impacts of unwanted bumps in the road so that the driver is not overly concerned. This bike can go up an incline of 10% with its tires, though Ancheer does not recommend using it for serious hills.
This bike has a simple design that you’ll find appealing, and you’ll notice that it’s one of the best electric bikes under 500 dollars that you’ll find.
Furthermore, this electric bike comes with IPX5 waterproofing, which means it’s easy to maintain no matter how wet it gets outside.
Globally, ANCHEER electric bikes have proven themselves to be successful in the market. ANCHEER electric bikes are factories imported from China with a good reputation and quality performance.
Electric mountain bikes like the ANCHEER 350 Watt Sunshine are an upgrade from the 250 Watt model. It has the same primary components as the 250-watt version, but it offers better performance with a new motor, battery, and controller.
This next model also contains some intriguing features so have a look at it:
- Quality and Design- With its stylish folding design and great price, the folding electric bike is more popular than ever. The sturdy and lightweight design ensures you won’t face any problems.
- Battery- ANCHEER folding bikes come with a powerful motor of 350W and a 36V Lithium-ion battery. Its 350-watt power allows you to reach speeds of 15.5 mpg, which makes it an excellent choice for city riding.
- App Supporting System- You can also download the companion app, which keeps track of the battery status, how fast you are traveling, and other critical data. Additionally, this app lets you lock your bike while you are traveling!
- Brake- The vehicle is equipped with disc brakes both at the front and the back. Regenerative brakes are also part of the motor. The brakes recharge the battery every time you stop.
- Wheels- Wheels with a diameter of 26 inches are made from aluminum alloy. The wheels work to run smoothly over cracks, bumps, and potholes while giving you a comfortable drive.
This electric bike can be used by people of all ages and it comes at an affordable price, making it great for traveling long distances!
Additionally, it has two modes of operation, the power mode, and the unpowered mode. In an unpowered state, the bike functions as a regular bike. In powered mode, both the motor throttle control and pedal assist are active simultaneously. Because you do not need to change settings, riding it is a little easier.
Vivi 26″ 350W Electric Mountain Bike
The Vivi Folding Electric Mountain Bike is the first of its kind to offer a truly practical, portable, and sturdy electric bike. Its lightweight frame can support riders up to 200kgs/440lbs. This bike comes equipped with a front suspension fork, Shimano 21 speed gears, easy-grip adjustable rear rack, alloy linear-pull brakes, and a semi-integrated high output 36V 8AH lithium battery.
The Vivi folding electric mountain bike can be folded in less than 15 seconds and conveniently carried on bus, train, or even the trunk of a car making it easy to travel with or store away. It also comes equipped with front and rear lights which makes this a great companion for the evening or early morning rides.
The following specifications will help you to know more about Vivi 26″ 350W Electric Mountain Bike:
- Double Shock Absorption: Designed to absorb the bumps and jolts of riding on uneven terrain. It is a great feature that will help you ride in comfort and safety.
- Quality and Design: The Vivi 26″ Folding 350W Electric Mountain Bike is made with high-quality materials and components. From the double shock absorption to the 350W brushless motor, this bike is designed for performance and durability.
- Shimano gear system: It has 21-speed levels that you can easily adjust to match your terrain. The removable 36V 8Ah battery allows you to take it with you when not in use or recharge it anytime.
- Wheels: This bike comes equipped with 26″ wheels that make it easy to travel on a variety of surfaces. Whether you’re riding on the street or in the mountains, these wheels will help you navigate smoothly and easily.
- Brakes: The bike comes equipped with hydraulic disc brakes, which provide a smooth and controlled stop every time. Whether you’re braking suddenly or taking a sharp corner, the brakes will help keep you safe and in control.
- Battery: The Vivi 26″ Folding 350W Electric Mountain Bike comes with a powerful 36V 8Ah battery. This removable battery pack can be taken with you when the bike is not in use or recharged at home. The removable battery makes it easy to charge and convenient for travel.
- App supporting system: The bike has a Bluetooth system that supports the application. You can use this app to track your cycling performance, such as speed, mileage, and other data. This is a great feature that allows you to monitor your progress and keep track of your electric bike’s usage.
The Vivi 26″ Folding 350W Electric Mountain Bike is a great choice for anyone looking for an electric bike that is easy to ride, powerful, and affordable. With its high-quality materials and components, this bike is designed for performance and durability.
The Shimano gear system allows you to adjust the speed to match the terrain, while the hydraulic disc brakes provide a smooth and controlled stop. The removable 36V 8Ah battery makes it easy to charge and convenient for travel. So, if you’re looking for a great electric bike that is perfect for cruising around town or exploring the great outdoors, the Vivi 26″ Folding 350W Electric Mountain Bike is a perfect choice!
Shaofu Folding Electric Bike – 350W 36V
Those looking for sheer convenience out of an electric bicycle will love the Shaofu Folding Electric Bicycle. Besides folding up quickly and easily, it also takes up little space, thus, you can store it in your car’s trunk or inside your desk.
Moreover, it cannot be ridden in harsh weather conditions because it is waterproof.
It comes with fascinating features and specifications which are as follows:
- Quality and Design– The frame is designed from aluminum alloy, and the rims come in a similar style made of aluminum. It has a good weight of 12 kg. This bike reminds me of dolphins, as it has a distinctive look.
- LED Headlight- It comes with an LED headlight and a horn already installed, which means that you will not have to purchase them separately. It is a big deal for someone who spent a lot of money on lights.
- Battery- The brushless motor is 350W, and the battery is 120V. Speeds of the brushless motor can reach 15.5 mph, and it can travel 15 miles. Weight, road conditions, inclines, and other factors determine the range and maximum speed.
- Brake and Wheel- This electric foldable bicycle comes with a reversible electric disk brake at the back wheel activated via a lever on the handlebars. The brakes are generally fast and safe, so adjustments are usually not needed. Braking activates the rear brake signal light located on the e-bike. Additionally, it disables the Cruise Control function.
Men and women of all ages can enjoy this electric bicycle, as well as people over 12 years old. If you are looking to buy an electric bike in a lower price range, the Shaofu Foldable Electric Bicycle is worth checking out.
It occupies very little space when folded, so you can easily store this bike in your room or even in the trunk of your car.
This bike is a decent hill climber due to the gears that reduce the effort required for uphill and off-road riding by 80%.
These are not mountain bikes by any means, but they will enable you to travel at a moderate speed on flat terrain in no time that will save you time and money on commuting, and provide a more enjoyable riding experience.
This folding electric bike from GoPlus has a couple of noteworthy features that could be of interest to those seeking an e-bike on a budget.
- Quality and Design- A lightweight aluminum alloy frame is part of this folding mountain bike. Its carbon steel forks are made of aluminum. With a durable, sturdy frame, you can be confident that this is a stylish piece that will last.
- Shimano transmission system- The 7-speed Shimano transmission system provides a responsive gearing system so you can adapt to the terrain at whatever speed you like.
- Battery- It comes with a 36v or 8ah lithium battery, you will get a very effective 250w motor. The range could be anywhere from 15 to 30 miles for your better experience.
- V Style Brake- The electric bike has powerful V brakes at the front and rear. The brakes respond quickly and shorten the stopping distance. That is why they are so effective.
- Wheels- Also, they come with high-quality rubber tires that are durable on rough roads and waterproof on wet ones. So, you will have fewer chances of slipping. For night riding, the wheels and pedals are equipped with BS reflectors.
Traveling and short mountain trips are ideal for this bike. Take this bike for a ride with your friends and enjoy the best mountain rides of your life.
Additionally, the Goplus 20″ Folding Bike ranks 8th in our Top 10 Folding Bikes for 2020 list, another intriguing factor to consider when having a look at this e-bike.
ANCHEER 26” Electric Bike 250W/500W Ebike
ANCHEER Limited, the company that provided us with the ANCHEER Folding 16” City Electric Bike, again came with the ANCHEER Electric Bike 250W/500W Ebike 26”, showing how good they are.
E-bikes from their company aren’t just great, but they also have many feature-rich creations. Make the most of the gears and brakes of this bike for all your mountainous excursions.
There are several very interesting features on the ANCHEER Electric Bike 26” electric bike which are mentioned below:
- Quality and Design- The cute and innovative design of this dolphin-shaped electric bike catches your eye. This bike will keep you dry from the rain with the IPX5 range. Its frame is composed of durable aluminum alloy, and the wheels use double aluminum alloy.
- Stronger Motor- You can travel from point A to point B in this electric scooter with no problem. The 500W high-speed brushless motor provides sufficient power for your daily commute, a city run, or a climb up a mountain.
- Battery- It has an 25 to 50 km range when charged using the 12.5ah Lithium-Ion battery. The battery can carry you throughout the day.
- Brake- Electric bicycles with mechanical disc brakes provide shorter braking distances and increased safety for the driver. They are easy and reliable to maintain.
- Cruise Control- You can get a specific speed by twitching the throttle for 8 seconds and pressing the cruise control switch.
I want to point out that this bike is somewhat complicated to assemble. We offer free assembly services during the purchase process, ensuring you can save yourself from headaches. We will deliver the bike to you, however.
This bike comes with a one-year service warranty in addition to the battery, charger, and motor warranty.
Hiboy P10 Folding Electric Bike for Adults
Secondly, we have a fourteen-inch electric folding bike from Hiboy. It is not as well-known as the others. It offers three riding modes:
- Fully powered electric moped.
- Hybrid assisted pedaling.
- Regular cycling
The following specifications will educate you more about this e-bike.
- Quality and Design- This powerful, aluminum-alloy electric road bike will help you commute more quickly or to get around town easier. The bike is lightweight, easy to carry, durable, and suitable for use on an electric vehicle for over 15 km or hybrid transportation for over 37 miles (depending on load, slope, and temperature).
- Battery- Its 36V 6Ah lithium battery provides enough power for commuting every day or exploring the countryside on weekends. It refuels from standard outlets in around four hours and locks when parked.
- Brake- The disc brakes on the front provide fast yet even stopping power regardless of driving conditions.
- Rides according to your need- You can select between 17 and 19 mph in Pedal-Assist hybrid mode for a ride according to your needs. Pedals and handlebars fold for easy storage and transportation; aluminum frame supports heavy riders up to 220 pounds, and adjustable seat fits all heights from 5′-8’3″!
The Hiboy promotes a healthier lifestyle by providing affordable and convenient transportation that allows people to enjoy the scenery of the city or the countryside while lowering their carbon footprint!
Moreover, it has LEDs on the front that allow for forwarding movement at night, and the rear light automatically turns on and turns off as you brake to keep those behind you safe.
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with Hiboy’s comprehensive and friendly warranty and 24/7 customer service when you purchase the Hiboy electric bike.
Jetson’s Bolt Folding Electric Bicycle is a highly versatile and affordable electric bike. If you are commuting or just looking for an enjoyable ride, this bike is perfect.
A pedal driveline does not exist in the Bolt. Instead, it functions only as an e-bike. Additionally, Bolt Pro is available in an upgraded version that offers a few more features in addition to the pedal driveline.
Have a look at the following specification for more valid information.
- Quality and Design- Lightweight and sturdy, this aluminum alloy frame supports ages 12+ and can hold up to 250 pounds. It is suitable for regular use.
- Battery- It has a battery system with a lithium-ion rechargeable capacity of 5 hours. Additionally, the Bolt has a 250-watt motor that keeps you moving around town in style.
- Brake- The rear disc brake is the only one on the vehicle. We had preferred to have a front and a rear brake since it is nearly enough to stop you. The front brake is more effective than the rear brake.
- Speed- Among its most notable features is its fun-to-ride nature. By removing the speed limiter on your smartphone app, you can travel up to 18 mph. Its maximum speed is 15 mph considering the small wheels; it has a scooter-like appearance. It will give you an adrenaline rush at 18mph.
- Wheel- Electric bikes with rear-wheel hub motors are powered by 250 watts. These bikes provide a lot of power on flat terrain. When riding uphill, however, they can struggle. Rather than the Bolt Pro, you might consider the Bolt if you are planning to ride your e-bike up hills.
Bikes have folding handlebars. With a weight of 34 lbs, this bike is very portable. Whether you are taking public transportation or taking the elevator, you can take this anywhere.
As a whole, it is a fantastic little zippy bike. In addition to being affordable, this is also one of the best e-bikes available.
Swagtron Swagcycle EB-5
This brand is known for providing high-quality electric bikes for adults and children. It is just another fine example of the Swagtron Swagcycle EB-5’s under the $500 price range.
Due to the ‘No-pedaling’ technology included on this electric bike, it is fully automatic. It is so easy to pedal that you will not need to exert any effort at all.
Below are some fantastic specifications of this E-bike.
- Quality and Design- A first impression of the Swagtron SwagCycle EB is its compact size. This bicycle uses aluminum alloy materials in a stylish and portable folding frame.
- Battery and Motor- Electric bikes also offer high-performance motors and batteries, which is another big draw. It comes with a 36-volt battery and a 250W motor. A full charge of the battery will take up to 2.5 hours. You can travel up to 10 miles on a full charge.
- Brakes- With the dual-disc brakes providing you the braking power you can trust, you have a vehicle with excellent stopping power.
- Wheel- An electric commuter bike fitted with 16-inch wheels and rear suspension is well equipped to handle rough rides.
- 7-speed driveline- To keep the weight down and ensure reliability, it has a 7-speed driveline. It can climb almost any hill with throttle assistance. The bike can maneuver on just about any terrain with both the assist and throttle of the motorbike.
This year, we recognized SWAGTRON SwagCycle E-Bike as the best design E-bike. It is an incredibly futuristic and sci-fi-style design. For a truly unforgettable riding experience, the electric bike is constructed with high-quality components and equipped with high-quality safety gear.
Since the bike is composed of durable materials, it is not surprising that it is somewhat heavy. Moreover, it includes a one-year warranty against all manufacturing defects.
Best Electric Bikes under $500- Buyer’s Guide
In the past few years, electric bikes have become more affordable, making them more popular. Although expensive electric bikes still exist on the market, they are available at an ever-increasing cost. Nevertheless, why is there such a price disparity? It might be your next question.
A majority of high-end electric bikes feature better specs and features compared to inexpensive bikes. There is a substantial difference in price among devices with greater charging ranges, better designs, and numerous additional functionalities.
So, if you visit an e-bike store, there are so many options that it may be overwhelming to make the right choice. To make a wise decision, you should know a few essential features of a bike before purchasing it.
How to choose the best electric bikes under $500?
Frame and Adjustability
E-bikes are a popular way for us to travel through all types of terrain and weather. We also haul a lot of luggage. So, the bike’s durability becomes crucial to consider. A bicycle’s frame determines its durability.
Aluminum is the best material for bike frames. Material such as carbon metal is used for the forks, wheels, and hubs.
There is not a standard height for E-bikes. Try to find those with adjustable handles/seats. Then you will be able to ride comfortably.
Electric bikes cover an average distance. Both the battery and motor are responsible for determining their performance. High-powered motors and excellent batteries are essential for a long-range electric bicycle.
The mileage range of the bike also depends on its modes. Electric bikes have a different mileage range compared to gas bikes. To maximize mileage, switch to assist mode. By pedaling, you reach further distances while using less energy.
Those who ride a bike every day can use an electric bike. Before embarking on a journey, you must ensure that all the safety systems are in place. In addition, the brakes, horns, and headlights must all work efficiently.
Bike locks are available on some models. A lock prevents thieves from stealing your bike. So, you can leave it anywhere without worrying.
E-bikes that are portable and lightweight are good choices for easy transportation. Look for a portable electric bike less than 40 pounds (18 kg) that is easily transportable. As you can see from my review list, ANCHEER Folding 16″ City Electric Bikes are light and easy to carry.
Optimally, pick a foldable bike. Folding bikes take up less space and are compact. Their compact size makes them easy to store in trunks and houses.
Bluetooth connectivity and LCD monitors are standard features of e-bikes. It is possible to monitor distance traveled, speed, and battery life during the long run using these. In addition, you can charge your smartphone with a USB cable as well.
Factors to consider when choosing an E-bike:
Spending some time doing your research before investing in an electric bike is a crucial thing. Make a list of the features that are important to you then, purchase one. To help you make the right choice, we will cover a few key factors to consider when choosing an electric bike.
The brake allows the rider to stop, so they are crucial. When it comes to brakes, Shimano and SRAM are the best investments. For commuters, they are perfect in wet conditions.
The disc brakes made a big difference to how I felt when I was descending at high speeds, so I have no problem recommending them. However, if you plan to use your bike only in dry weather conditions, you should opt for rim brakes.
Depending on your situation, you can choose not to have lights on your bike if you know you will not be riding at night. A motorbike with headlights may be more appropriate if you plan to ride at night or in areas with high traffic.
In addition, the lights have an electrical connection, and sometimes they use a different battery from the bikes, but for comfort, it is best to use the same one. Even if the bike does not come with lights, you can add one anytime.
Range and Battery life
It is best to have a larger battery size on an electric bike. It does not matter what size or weight bike you want; having a powerful motor allows the battery to hold a considerable amount of charge and enables you to ride longer. Although there is no definite range you should obtain, you should ideally have at least a 10-mile range.
A bicycle’s weight is another factor to consider. Smaller items are easier to handle. Choosing a larger frame will make finding a lighter bike easier, but there is no guarantee a more lightweight bike will provide more power and range.
For long-distance travel, you need something reliable, reliable, and durable that can provide enough power without straining your body too much. If you consider the electric bikes under $500, think about the factors we discussed above as you look through the selection.
Electric Mountain bikes often come with suspension, be it front shocks or full suspension. When it comes to mountain biking, this is ideal and takes your ride to another level!
Indeed, you may not need it if you are not planning on spending much time on paths or fields. The suspension might not be essential if you are looking for a bicycle for commuting. However, it is worth considering. It will enrich your comfort anywhere.
It is easier to ride a bicycle with larger wheels. A wider wheel rolls more smoothly and efficiently. Bicycle wheels are typically 29 inches (700C), 27.5 inches (650B), and 26 inches (26 inches). The lack of 26-inch bicycles is in addition to cheap mountain bikes and fat bikes with wide tires.
Bicycles that fold up or have small wheels are portable. They are light and easy to carry. It will be harder for them to climb hills because the ride will be less smooth.
You can operate electric bikes in a few different ways. Some are motorized, others are pedal-assisted. In addition to riding an electric bike, you can also ride one without power. You can switch modes on some electric bikes.
- Powered Bike- A bike powered by a motor requires no pedaling. You can choose whether or not to mount pedals on the bike.
- Pedal-Assist- Power flows only when the cyclist pedals. Sensors detect pedaling and only activate the motor when the bicycle moves.
- Unpowered Bike- There is no electric assist or energy.
Aluminum is the most common material for bike frames. The material is lightweight and affordable. Compared with carbon fiber, which is more expensive, it is the second most popular choice. Aluminum bikes are heavier than carbon fiber ones. The savings are a few pounds but cost you plenty.
The frames of some bicycles consist of steel. Aluminum frames are lighter than steel ones. Compared to aluminum, steel frames are more flexible, and they can provide a softer ride.
How to maintain your Electric bike?
If you purchase an electric bike, whether it is one of these or a costlier one, it is essential to know how to maintain it. Otherwise, your bike may not last as long as expected.
Here are tips for maintaining your electric bike to ensure its longevity.
Charge the battery
The first thing you must do is check the batteries. Charge the batteries entirely before they run for the first time.
It is crucial that you fully charge your batteries, and you must do this before they are completely dead as otherwise, you will reduce the battery’s lifespan and thereby reduce its range.
Lubricate the necessary parts
Although the bike is electric, it still requires oiling and periodic maintenance. To prevent premature wear of the metal parts, be sure the wheel and chains are maintained with the appropriate lubricant.
Make use of good repair service
When you encounter a problem, you do not want just anyone to take care of your bike. One common misconception is that an electric bike mechanic can never fix a traditional bicycle because their mechanisms are different. Consequently, it is crucial to find a motorcycle mechanic who is skilled enough to fix your bike.
Cleaning in the right way
It is only natural for you to want to keep the motorcycle’s bodywork in the best possible condition for as long as possible to maintain its original shine. Clean it with the right cleaning tools and avoid scratches. It is not always possible to remove all scratches.
Best Electric Bikes Under $500 – FAQS
Listed below are some of the questions my readers expect to know about the Best Electric Bikes Under $500.
Final Words – Wrapping It Up
No matter what type of vehicle you ride, safety is paramount – respect others in traffic and wear the appropriate safety gear, which may differ from country to country.
Throughout this article, we have shared our top picks for the best electric bikes under $500. I hope it assists you in reaching a more informed decision! Moreover, when an electric bike has run its course, recycle it properly, especially the battery, as they are environmentally friendly means of transportation.
Pick your electric scooter or bike according to your requirements and needs if you want the “best.” Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or there is anything else we can do to provide you with better information on these best-selling bikes. If you want more information on other models, do not hesitate to ask!